West Leicester volley into first court in the School Games Tennis Super Series Finals!
Posted: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 07:00
On 21st June, the tennis finals featured 10 KS3 teams to play in the Super Series Finals at Uppingham Community College. It was West Leicester's Overdale Junior School winning top position followed by 2ndplace Rutland and Melton & Belvoir in 3rd place.
The Spirit of the Games winners 'North Charnwood' demonstrated each of the core values of the School Games and more.. by showing great sportsmanship and compassion towards their opponents.
Results: Year 3-4 Mini-Red Mixed Tennis
- 1st West Leicester – Overdale Junior School
- 2nd ~ Rutland – Brooke Hill Academy
- 3rd ~ Melton & Belvoir – Bottesford Church of England Primary School
- 4th ~ Oadby & Wigston – Glenmere Primary
- 5th ~ Blaby & Harborough – Kibworth Primary
- 6th ~ East Leicester - St Thomas More Catholic Primary Academy
- 7th ~ Hinckley & Bosworth
- 8th ~ North Charnwood – St Pauls Primary School
- 9th ~ North West Leicestershire – Ashby Hill Top Primary School
- 10th ~ South Charnwood – Bishop Ellis
- 'Spirit of the Games' Award North Charnwood – St Pauls Primary School
A special thanks to Uppingham Community College for the support, facilities and equipment on the day. Well done to all teams making it this far.
The photographs from the School Games Super-Series Finals are available to view on our Facebook page. Make sure to keep up with all the action over the coming months through our Twitter - @LR_Sport, Instagram - @lr_sport_ and Snapchat - lr_sport using #LRSchoolGames.
The Leicester-Shire & Rutland School Games, now in its sixth year, is part of the national 'School Games Programme'. It aims to keep competitive sport at the heart of schools and provide more young people with the opportunity to compete and achieve their personal best. It is open to all young people aged 6-18 years, of all abilities and backgrounds from every school across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.