Health and Wellbeing Ambassadors 2021
We are always on the lookout for like minded people to join our mission of inspiring active and healthy lifestyles using the power of physical activity, sport and health.
We are looking for inspirational Ambassadors from all backgrounds, you don't have to be a sports person or famous to join our team.
Our Ambassadors could be:
- People living with long term health conditions who help to manage their condition by being active.
- People living with a mental health problem who feel that they benefit from getting active and would like to inspire and support others.
- An older person who enjoys getting active to improve their physical and mental health.
- A disabled person who would like to share their story about overcoming barriers to physical activity and sport.
- A younger person who can talk about the difference getting active has made to their life.
The role of the Health and Wellbeing Ambassador is
- to connect people to be more active more often
- got a passion to inspire others to achieve their full potential
- want to share their occupational expertise
- they are positive role models who are empathetic with people
- to support change
As a Health and Wellbeing Ambassador, we would love you to bring a range of skills and qualities:
- Passionate – about being active.
- Lived experience – about the impact of being active has had on your life.
- Genuine interest – in people: approachable, enjoy listening and talking.
- Engaging – with enthusiasm.
- Sharing – key messages to help drive behaviour change in your local community
- Advocating – being an advocate for the programme.
- Volunteering – get involved and actively participate in volunteer opportunities to support people to get active within the local community
"For me, being active is of the utmost importance, not only for my physical wellbeing but for my mental wellbeing as well. After experiencing three stokes, I decided that I would do all I could to find ways, both out in the community and at home, to stay active as I can within my capabilities. I'm very proud to be a Health & Wellbeing Ambassador".
Paul Herbert, Health & Physical Activity Ambassador
Health & Wellbeing Ambassadors
Physical Activity Co-ordinator
Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
- Cultural Services
Hinckley Leisure Centre
- (01455) 255908
- 07971 240889