Does the following apply to you?
- I'm under 21 years of age
- I compete in a Sport England recognised sport
- I compete at county level or above
- I live within the borough of Hinckley & Bosworth
If you answered YES to all of 4 questions then read on...
As part of Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council's commitment to supporting talented young sports people, in partnership with Places for People Leisure we are offering you a complimentary free membership for Hinckley Leisure Centre.
Aims of the scheme:
- The scheme is about developing talent of today for sporting success of tomorrow
- To give talented performers the opportunity to progress to the best of their ability, using the best facilities
- To develop and achieve sporting excellence
How 'Backed for the Future' works:
You can either download the application form from this page, or pick up an application form from Hinckley Leisure Centre or Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council Offices. If you are a successful applicant you will receive an Places for People membership.
The benefits that are available to the talented young sports people are only for them and this does not apply to relatives or friends. The scheme runs annually and you are required to re-apply yearly to demonstrate you are still competing to county standard or above.
The full centre membership will entitle you to:
- Free swimming (swimming lessons are not included)
- Group exercise classes
- Membership rate on dry side facilities and bookings
In return for the benefits the 'Backed for the Future' scheme offers, Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council requests that members assist in any promotional activity and events whenever possible for either the council or Places for People Leisure.
To apply please fill out the application form below.
Backed for the Future Application Form
Already a member of the Backed for the Future Scheme?
If so, please click on the link below to answer a few questions about your sporting achievements and how the backed for the future membership has helped to contirbute to your success. Your responses will be used to develop your athlete profile to showcase at events in and around the Borough.
Please email your responses to the address below.
For more information please contact the sports development team: